City & Guilds level 1 Award
Our courses include all materials, including test fees. No hidden charges.
Located in south east London, our centre is an approved CSCS Test Centre.
The course is an intensive one day course.
The group size for the programme is between 10 – 12 students, though smaller group sizes will be considered.
Candidates who successfully complete the training will understand:
- That manual handling operations can be hazardous to health
- How manual handling operations can cause injury and harm
- The scope of legal requirements with regard to manual handling operations in the workplace
- The process for assessing risks from manual handling and the factors that need to be considered in a manual handling risk assessment
- The mechanics of movement
- How to assess, plan, prepare and conduct manual handling operations
The course covers
- Introduction to the principles of manual handling
- Manual handling hazards
- Legislation and guidance
- Manual handling risk assessment and controls
- Manual handling techniques