We will cover the knowledge you need to pass the test and explain the mechanics of being tested.We will train you and give you mock tests - take the formal test when you are ready.
Our courses include all materials, including test fees. No hidden charges.
Located in south east London, our centre is an approved CSCS Test Centre - be tested where you were trained.
The course is an intensive one day course. Courses and tests can be arranged to suit you.
We can arrange training and testing for CSCS cards at a time to suit you and your employees.
The CSCS cards is your doorway to a career in construction and the first step towards working on site:
- Access to construction sites
- Improve Health and Safety awareness
- Competent and safe labour
- Recognition of skills, competence and qualifications
- Industry standardisation
The CSCS scheme
The scheme aims to:
- Keep a record of workers in the construction and built environment industry who have achieved a recognised level of competence and to provide a means of identification.
- Be available on a voluntary basis to construction workers whose occupations are not covered by a certification scheme.
- Raise standards of health and safety to reduce risks and accidents throughout the industry.
- Encourage the construction sector and its clients to use skilled workers.
- Provide certification for UK workers that could be accepted in Europe through agreements with other European national schemes mutually to recognise qualifications.
- Be self-financing; with any surplus funds being used for the benefit of the scheme or the construction industry
SmartCard technology ensures that safety, security and efficiency remain top priorities on your construction sites. A CSCS SmartCard is a credit card sized plastic card containing a simple computer chip that can store and process electronic data in a highly secure manner. This technology offers construction clients and the contractors you commission many benefits.
- SmartCards are much harder to forge than plain printed cards.
- Counterfeit cards can easily be detected using an inexpensive card reader. Because information is stored electronically in the card chip, the CSCS SmartCard can be used for a host of new applications. Things like tracking tool box talks and site inductions; recording continuing professional development; controlling access to building sites; monitoring time and attendance; cashless vending; verifying occupational health restrictions and much more.
- SmartCard technology eliminates the need to ring the CSCS Helpline to verify a card’s authenticity.
- A cardholder’s identity can be verified using a card reader even if the printing on the card is badly worn.
- Information on the card has the potential to be updated electronically without having to issue a replacement.
After months of searching South East London for vocational skills training centre, we eventually discovered Flower Skills. We were very impressed.Phil Hoppenbrouwers
Our tradesmen are BLOOMING since Flower Skills came along.Paul Barber, SALTASH ENTERPRISE LIMITED